- When and where is the packet pick-up?
The packet pick-up will be at The Landing Bar & Grill on Friday between 3:30pm-7:00pm and Saturday morning (prior to the race, located at Wrigley Stage).
- Does the entry fee include a boat ride to the island?
No, all transportation to the island and accommodations must be reserved ahead
of time by each individual.
*There is an option of purchasing:
-2 person/2-night package that includes: round trip boat rides, pick-up and dropoff
at port, two nights stay at Seaport Village Inn, complementary breakfasts.($180 per person)
- 1-night stay at the Seaport Village Inn for a flat fee of $129.
Contact Raul at the Seaport Village Inn for these specials- (310) 510-0344.
For boat: Catalina Express out of San Pedro, Dana Point, and Long Beach (800) 481-3470.
- Where can I store my belongings if I will only be there for the day?
There will be a bag drop tent at the start line. There are also lockers on the Island at
the location where you disembark the boat.
- Where will the results be posted?
Results will be posted after the race at the finish line; at the awards ceremony, and
official results will be posted online on the Monday following the event.
Marathon: Awards go to the top three male and female finishers in each age division. Awards will also be given to the overall top three male and female finishers.
10K: Awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in each age group. Overall awards for the overall male and female finisher.
7. How much of the race is trail?
A little more than 22 miles of the marathon course is on trail.
8. Where does the race start/finish ?
Marathon: Start-near the High School on Sumner near Falls Canyon Road;
Finish-Sumner Ave. & Crescent Ave.
10K: Start/Finish-Sumner Ave. and Crescent Ave.
9. What is the entry fee?
Marathon- $110.00 Early Fee, $135.00 starting 10/15
10k- $30.00 Early Fee, $40.00 starting 10/15
10. How many fluid stations are on the course? Will there be snacks at the stations on the course?
There are 9 water stations that are approximately every 2-3 miles. Participants are
encouraged to bring their own water bottles, gels and other nutritional support for
use between support stations. Support stations will have water, Gatorade, candy,
salt and other supplies for your use and nutrition.
11. Is there a cut-off time?
There will be an 8 hour cut-off time for marathon runners.
12. What time is the boat ride day of race and how much is it?
For boat times and details, please visit http://www.catalinaexpress.com/
13. How do I find a room in Avalon?
Visit http://www.catalinacatalina.com/ or http://www.catalinavacations.com/
14. Does my registration go to a worthy cause?
Yes, proceeds go to the Catalina Island Conservancy.